We’re thrilled to welcome you back to live performances and the 2021–22 season!
Due to the highly-transmissible Delta Variant of COVID-19, and in accordance with New York City requirements and CDC guidelines, The Chelsea Symphony has adopted the following policies and protocols.
- If you’re feeling ill or have symptoms related to a cold, flu or other infectious disease, please stay home.
- All audience members will be required upon entry to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization or the Food and Drug Administration.
- Appropriate face coverings are required to be worn at all times while inside the venue.
For the safety of all audiences, musicians, and staff, we regret that we are unable to offer any exceptions for those who are not fully vaccinated. We look forward to a time when we can safely welcome everyone back to share the experience of live music.
“Fully vaccinated” means vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
For TCS Performers, Staff, Contractors, and Volunteers:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required upon entry for rehearsals and concerts. Masks will also be required to the extent practicable (i.e. brass and woodwind players may remove masks while playing, but must remain masked otherwise).
- Proof of a negative covid test is required for entry to the first rehearsal of the concert week. Specific details are communicated to rostered musicians under separate cover.
- TCS COVID-19 mitigation policies and protocols may exceed those in place at particular performance venues. In such cases, TCS policy will prevail.
- We continue to monitor federal, state, and city guidelines for health and safety and may adjust our policies and protocols accordingly, and with little or no notice. The safety of our audience, musicians, staff, and volunteers is our top priority.
- However, despite the mitigation protocols described above, an inherent risk of exposure to infectious disease will remain. By attending a TCS performance and/or participating in a rehearsal and concert series, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to infectious disease.